Saturday, February 2, 2008

2007 in a nutshell

TOP MOMENTS

*Driving to Dallas to see MUSE. The show is up to par with my experience of the David Bowie concert.

*Seeing Joanna Newsom with the Austin Symphony Orchestra. It was just incredible. That girl is stunning. Musically and Physically.

*I finally applied for JET (The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program) that I've been talking about on and on for the last two years.

*I came out of my slump and focused on getting out of school. By doing this, I got 31 hours out of the way in just 2007 and I'm gonna finally graduate this may.

*I became immensely closer with some of my Japanese classmates. I hope these to be lifelong, but if not, they forever will hold a place in my heart.

*I have mostly lost the emotionally damaging and draining people in my life and have some more uplifting folk to be around.

*I got off that damned prescription to Ambien and do my best not to ever take it again.

*I bought my own laptop!

NOT SO TOP MOMENTS

*Going through that horrid slump and losing so much weight that people physically could tell something wasn't so right.

*Repercussions of ambien are not fun. Let's just put it at that.
-on a side not to this, I think ambien might have effected my short term and possible a little bit of my long term memory. I find myself having a more difficult time remembering things, especially for exams, etc...I find myself speaking and forgetting what I was saying in the middle of my sentences. Abusing ambien is no bueno.

*School kicked my ass. I was sleeping, eating, and doing schoolwork. I missed out on a lot of events due to tests, papers, etc...

*Applying for JET is nerve wracking and the wait is bothering me a bit. I just want to know if I at least scored an interview. Thinking about leaving my loved ones, including Kaya, is bothering me a lot.

*I'm still paying on that laptop.

I'm pretty sure there is a number of things I'm missing in this short list. I will add as I think them up, but so far this seems to be a good start. It's been one hell of a year and I hope 2008 will bring me a good year through and through. It's been a while since I've had one of those, and it'd be nice to have one again. I've learned a hell of a lot of life lessons the last 2 years. I want to learn some good life lessons this year.

New Year's Resolution?
Make my family proud. This has so many meanings at once, but it's the best way I can put it.

I really do hope 2008 will be a good year for me. Please?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment