Wednesday, January 28, 2009

movies I don't give enough credit to

I'm the girl (or one of millions of girls) who has been a pretty outspoken 'tard about how much Willow, The Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Neverending Story, and Legend are basically my bibles. But, I really kinda looked into my childhood and I realize that though those movies are my favorites, I did watch certain movies more often than those. I know, wow. What a revelation. (sarcasm) But, this is devoted to those movies I never ever give enough credit to that drove my mom and family crazy. Some are duhs, some are "what the hell were you thinking?" My answer, I don't give a shit what you think. I loved these movies and watched these movies so much that they made my grandma and mom bang their heads against the wall.

I watched a video taped TV play of Peter Pan starring Mary Martin so much the tape is almost destroyed. It was the first thing I watched every time I went over to my grandparents.








Another tape I ran to the ground was The Sound of Music.








Disney's Robin Hood with one of the best soundtracks ever:








Harry and the Hendersons:








Time Bandits...my love for Terry Gilliam began young.








Baron Munchausen. Gilliam again.








Really old Chip N' Dale cartoons and Goofy cartoons.








Embarrassing stuff? Encino Man.








And I freakin' loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The movie. NOT the show. I still love this movie.








I also watched Edward Scissorhands and Beetlejuice too much for my own good.

Geez. After going through just these, I realize I have an arsenal of other movies I forgot about. But, these all topped the "these VHS no longer play" category.




No comments:

Post a Comment