Monday, September 14, 2009

RIP Patrick Swayze

Well, this one hit me where it hurts the most. Patrick Swayze was the guy I dreamed would dance me out of my bad life when I was a kid. I watched Dirty Dancing so many times that I have the entire movie etched into my brain. The dirty dancing soundtrack and his crooning "She's like the wind" was played so many times that my mom would groan when she would hear or see it. My best friend and I would pretend to be Baby and Johnny, but we could never conquer that lift. I didn't understand half the movie because I was too young to understand that Penny had a botched abortion. But, yet it was my favorite movie even when I finally DID understand what was actually going on. Patrick Swayze was my dreamboat. My hero. I was baby in my dreams. Now he's gone and it feels like losing part of your childhood/adolescence. But, let's not forget Red Dawn, Roadhouse, The Outsiders, and Ghost. He was also an 80's hero. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment