Friday, February 26, 2010

179/365


I need to keep up with practicing my Japanese. I haven't done it in a while and I am losing it quickly. I feel ashamed taking so much time to learn the language and here I am, waiting for a placement in Japan, not remembering how to write some basic kanji.

It's time to pull out my textbooks again and start cracking.

スタインハウザー

This is part of the mini challenge of writing on yourself in the 365 days pool. 
The easy thing was remembering how to write the kanji, the hard part was that eyeliner does not like to be used as a pencil. It was a bit trying trying to make the lines thin enough. Also, the contours of you face make it hard to see the characters. I actually put the kanji for the ear on my ear but it didn't get into the shot. :(

If things get moving (I don't know how long I'm going to be waiting for this placement, I was told at the end of this month) I should be in Japan between May-July. That would leave 2 months of this project. But I was thinking of doing another 365, but not necessarily a self portrait 365. One photo a day in Japan of anything that is of interest. (which will be quite a lot) 

No comments:

Post a Comment