Monday, August 9, 2010

Still here

It's been a while since I've written. Things have been going along and it's been quite a mix of emotions. I love exploring the new things and new places around me, but geez, that homesickness really can take a toll. Yes, I've been here one month so it's not exactly very cool to know that only after a month I'm yearning for home.
The answer to why is pretty apparent. I miss my boyfriend and my dog. (yes, my family too) But, the dynamic of my relationship with my boyfriend and my pup are a bit more intense I guess. I miss them like crazy. I'm pretty alone out here in Kyoto because not many teachers are placed here. Most are in Osaka, so it's easy for them to get together and keep up the friendships. It's harder on me and my wallet to do so.
I'm also a little nervous when it comes to going to bars or places like that by myself.
It's a thing I just simply have to get over, but when you aren't exactly a drinker to just get drunk (I'm the social kind) I tend to avoid those areas.
Kyoto is amazing. It's fucking hot, but it's still great. When the cooler temperatures arrive, I will be outside as much as possible. The sun simply makes visiting certain places miserable.

So, I've got about 1 month more of this heat and hopefully that means I can enjoy Japan a bit more and maybe have this homesickness subside some.

I have a lot of photos being uploaded over on my facebook and some on my flickr. I'm sure there is a link to my flickr on here. Nobody reads this thing anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment