Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kyoto

I got my housing placement today that solidifies where I will be living for the next year. 
I will now be a resident of Kyoto, Japan and feel like I am walking on air.
It was my first choice above everything. It was in all my applications and said in all interviews that Kyoto was my ideal destination. I always got the "ha, yeah right" look from almost all of the interviews because Kyoto is the most sought after city behind Tokyo. But since Tokyo is a relatively large and turnover is high, Tokyo is more accessible. Kyoto on the other hand seems to be a city that not many let go of. 
The fact I got this luck makes me want to thank some sort of higher being for granting me my one wish. I was looking forward to Osaka, but now that I will be a resident of Kyoto, I'm so happy it's making my stomach churn with anticipation. 

Even in my interview with ECC, they told me that Kyoto was a difficult placement, but Osaka and Kobe would be most likely. Thank you ECC. Thank you.
AH! I am so surprised and so excited. This is going to be one hell of a year. (Hopefully, this means a good hell of a year)

No comments:

Post a Comment