Friday, May 2, 2014

The Next Chapter

The last couple of years have been the hardest I have had in my adult life. I left Japan, I began to understand what it felt like to date again, had a disastrous time with employment, was in a whirlwind romance, and had surgery (twice).

It's been extremely difficult time since I've been home. Though my relationship with R ended after a very intense courting, I found myself jumping feet first into finding employment in the film production field again. I had the amazing opportunity to work on a documentary by the legend Julien Temple. Lugging around 4 teenagers from Ireland during SXSW was probably one of the funnest gigs I have ever had the privilege of doing.

I'd love to write in depth about that experience later. After that, I worked on a TV series for the Discovery channel. I applied to a German paid internship that took about 2 months to go through. I had to create a video in a week to submit to the company for the position. On top of all my credentials, I had to make sure I proved I was capable of the job requirements.

Somehow I luckily landed the job days after a second surgery to take care of what the first did not do. That was extremely scary and I'm glad to be sitting here now typing that I believe and hope that worry is behind me.

I'm really hoping that this begins a new chapter in my life for the better. I would like to keep moving forward and try to stop wallowing in the past. Unfortunate things have happened, but lately, I realize that I've had some amazing opportunities in my life. It's what keeps me going and I hope to continue down that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment