Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thriving under pressure

I absolutely love the excitement that happens before planning a long trip or excursion away. I'm a pro at it now considering I've done it multiple times for Japan.
Leaving for Japan felt much more set in the idea that I knew where I was going, what I'd be doing immediately, and that I'd had this set in my mind for a good 3 years before leaving. I had my failed attempt in 2008 with the JET programme, so I had experienced various scenarios of living in Japan. So,  in 2010, I was more than prepared for all possibilities.

This is such a different level of excitement.

I have dreamed of Germany and Europe since I was a child. My family is German in heritage and I grew up listening to my great grandmother speak in her heavy accent. I took German in high school (though I was such a bad student), but still held on to the dream of seeing Germany.  It's hilarious to me that I ended up on the other side of the world first.

I leave in almost 3 weeks from now to go stay in Germany for 6 months. I am required to travel to Cologne, Berlin, London. Prague, and Vienna for the position I'm taking up. So, my dreams of seeing Europe for more than an extended vacation is coming true. Aaaand in the field I would like to work in. It's a dream come true for me.

After the last few months, it's very much welcome. I have also had amazing job experiences the last couple of months and I really have to say that I love what I do. I thrive under the pressure. I love working in the film and media industry. I hope I can keep in this field that I love and grow with this.

I am so damned excited.

1 comment: