Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day trip with Britta to Nara

I had a day trip with Sciby literally maybe 2 weeks ago before he set off back to Australia. Britta has never been and I had been itching to take my good camera with me to take some photos of Nara. I find it very amusing that both times I went, it started raining. So, I'm gripping my camera under my umbrella while also making sure my bag doesn't get wet because my lenses and phone are in there as well.
I think she had a pretty good time. It wasn't rushed and everything was just relaxing. I wish I could take away some of her anxiety for her move and what's to come in the near future, but I think once she's home, she'll feel better about life in general.
These are just some shots of our day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/g00nie9183/sets/72157626212226963/

I also went through the nostril sized hole in the pillar a second time. That means that I should be able to reach complete enlightenment by becoming a giant Buddha booger. Twice! I wanted to get video of me going through and I went pretty fast compared to my time with Sciby. It's a bit awkward because all the Japanese people stand around and watch this blondish foreigner make her way through the hole. I was like "eh...eh...eh... through! Ok. Moving on!"
It's funny you can literally see me at the end be like, ok let's go.
But, otherwise it was a day just for me and her. Sunday I'm taking her to Koyasan because I am in love with Koya. It was the reason I vowed to return to this country and this will be my third time there. She has to see something like Koya before she goes. I'm not a spiritual or religious person. But when I'm there, it's literally a spiritual and calming feeling that envelopes me. I still don't know why.
So, It'll be a busy weekend. My favorite school's end of year party is on Saturday night, so I have to make it a easy going night. It needs to be that way anyways because I'm recovering from laryngitis and pharyngitis.
Voila, I am on antibiotics yet again. This time the doc told me I have to use a mask because I have bacterial laryngitis and it is contagious. I guess those stupid things do serve some purpose. I sound like Marge Simpson's sisters Pam and Selma on crack. I sound horrid. It happens at least once a year though. Usually I get bronchitis. Another day of rest and possible stir craziness. I guess I can just continue on packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment