Monday, March 7, 2011

My last times in Japan with Sciby

I missed Sciby's going away shindig because I could not for the life of me leave my apartment. I've been exhausted lately because sleep hasn't been so kind. I look really tired and I think things that shouldn't bother me do.
My ex has barred all communication. Even for an email that is me trying to be civil to ask him if he'd like some of the photos and video/production footage I have on my hard drive. I also have tons of press kit stuff and also just general photos. I don't plan to get rid of them because they are a chapter of my life. An important one. But, I get nothing back. Silence. I think I understand why and I'm not going to get mad about it. It's more that I'm feeling like I'm not even respected enough to at least get a "yes." It could be a one word answer and that would at least let me know he would like these things. Either way, I'm sending all of it to him whether he wants it or not. What he does with it all, I guess I will never know.

Putting that aside, Sciby and I went to Nara on Sunday and just moseyed around the area. I hadn't seen the Daibutsu (giant Buddha) yet in Todaiji temple, so we headed there and I got to crawl through the hole in a pillar that is supposed to be the size of his nostril. If you make it through, you should be blessed with a lifetime of good luck. If anyone needs it, I do. I am now a booger of good luck hopefully.



He wanted to go to another area around Todaiji which was another smaller temple that overlooks Nara and Todaiji. We didn't understand why so many people were just standing around and there were very official looking people walking around. But, we went up and just took in the view. When we realized something serious seemed to be happening soon we both decided we might as well stick around and see what was up.
Well, this was what was up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuni-e

So, we stayed up top on the temple rather than down below. When we looked down, the amount of people was overwhelming. I couldn't believe how many people were down there in the rain. We were nice and comfy up at the top covered under the temple and close to the bell and the men running with the fire. It was quite an amazing experience.
Here's 3 videos I have from behind the scenes rather than down below:





It was a fantastic experience and one that I love that we just happened to stumble on. That's what I'm going to miss most about Sciby and I. We always ran into these random happenings whenever we went out and explored some area of Japan together. I'm going to miss him a lot and it's really bittersweet he's leaving. Sweet because I know he knows it's time to move on from Japan, but bitter because I'm losing one of my closest friends here. It doesn't feel good. That much I can say.
I know he'll always be my friend though. It may be across the world, but I know he'll always be there. I just want to keep in contact regularly or as much as either of us can do.
Sniff.
This post is just making me sad.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across this. Now I'm sad too. :(

    ReplyDelete