Monday, February 28, 2011

Picnics in the park

I haven't been on a picnic in god knows how long. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I ever went on a picnic. Les suggested going on one the day before, but the forecast said that it was going to rain. When I woke up the next day, it was sunny and warm in the sun. So, at the last minute we grabbed some things and made an impromptu picnic in the park near his apartment. It was just so nice. We just sat in the sun and talked while the weather was beautiful. We had plenty to watch including children playing, old Japanese men doing calisthenics, and women walking their dogs.
It was sweet and I really enjoyed it. It was just such a simple thing to do, but it makes you realize little things like that make a difference in your mood and general well being.
We spent the rest of the day trying to look for work pants for me, but that was kinda a failure. I figured it would be in a way. I hate shopping for pants. But, we found a thing we both love to do and that's books. So, we went to the new book store that opened that has a pretty good English section and we both geeked out for a while. I love having a book partner to share suggestions with. We both read similar stuff, him more sci-fi and me more the fantasy route, but it all meets in the middle honestly. I hope he likes Rendezvous with Rama that I got for his birthday. If not, it'll edit my ideas of what kind of sci-fi he likes. 
This little girl was the most awesome little girl I've ever seen:

Yeah, Sunday ended up being a really nice day and evening. We also watched Troll Hunters, which is a bit more funny in the trailer, but definitely a must see if you like silly movies like that. So far I've been pretty content. Some brushes with homesickness concerning my pup, but so far just being content. 
It's a good feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, nice work...you guys could win the "most attractive English teacher couple" award easily. I had a picnic with Walter yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete