Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm famous



 Pshh.
No, I just made it on the homepage of my favorite school. I'm sitting with two really great teachers, Amy on my left and Robby on my right. Robby is hilarious. He's the one I tend to talk to the most during the shift, but Amy is also so busy with kids classes that I don't get to see her as much. Amy is from Australia and has told me quite a bit about the education system in Australia because she IS an actual English teacher. Robby is from California, somewhere near San Francisco.


The staff at this school are so great. Alice is my School Director and she is probably the most helpful and positive SD I have met. She is warm and inviting compared to some of the other SD's. It seems the smaller schools tend to have SD's who are more approachable. But, I guess at a larger school, the SD's there have even more responsibility so they tend to be a bit like "Is business. Is business time." The biggest school in the Kansai area, the Osaka Umeda School, is so large that most teachers there still have no idea who the SD is. Anyways, then there's the staff. That would be Tina, Kaoru, and Heidi. These girls are the sweetest and they crack me up constantly. Tina especially.
I feel bad I don't know that guy's name. He isn't there usually when I am and if he is, it's very brief.
This is just a random quick blurb of an entry. It was just kinda cool when I came into my shift today and Tina was showing us our photo on the main page of the school.

Otherwise, It's been a pretty regular week. Nothing exciting or new to say. I bought some frozen edemame and made my own at home. Though, cooking edemame probably is akin to pouring milk in a cereal bowl. I swear, I need to take some cooking courses. I know I can cook, but I have to have recipes. If I don't, I promise the most I could make off the top of my head is mashed potatoes.
I'm also looking forward to Baxter's b-day on Saturday. There are going to be a lot of people there I haven't ever met because they live in the Kobe area. Of course, my other half here will be joining me. If it starts to go south, her and I plan on moving ourselves to our own personal party.

Britta's cousin comes in on the 20th, so I'm of course going to be the Kyoto tour guide. I'm more than happy to do so. She's going to be here 3 weeks, so I know Britta is stoked. They plan to go to Tokyo and Korea while she's here. I'm a bit jealous because I was an idiot and took all my 5 days off during the Christmas holidays. I shouldn't have done that. But, how was I supposed to know in September that I was going to come home to a completely changed situation on the home front? Meh. I still got to see my pup and reconnect with old friends.

I've been working on my words now for the GRE. You can stop reading from here on down. I'm just writing out sentences I created using the words I memorized today. This is totally just for me.

1. When his ex-girlfriend entered the bar, he absconded to the nearest exit.
2. Her musical taste was quite aberrant compared to the rest of her class.
3. His alacrity for the job was extremely inspiring.
4. We were surprised by the anomaly of her grade point average being so low because we knew her to be extremely intelligent.
5. It's very important for a teacher to give appropriate approbation to a student.
6. The trek up the mountain was quite arduous.
7. She couldn't seem to assuage her grief over the loss of her mother.
8. Houdini was an incredibly audacious man.
9. The living room in their house was quite austere.
10. It's axiomatic that an animal must have self-preservation instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment