Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nevermind...

I'm not looking forward to tonight (the birthday party). I went back on antibiotics for an issue that popped up within the last few months that require me to not drink alcohol or have anything cooked with alcohol. I started them last night and it's been 3 doses so far. I'm kinda pissed because I just found this amazing Onigiri type of roll that is vegetable rice wrapped by some marinated tofu. I ate that as breakfast this morning and not long after, I started feeling really nauseous. I hope to god that the marinade on the tofu doesn't contain some sort of cooking wine or something strange like that.

Britta is also out of commission and won't be joining me. We went out Thursday night because for whatever reason, my job sent me to Umeda (Osaka) to work. It ended up being an all-nighter because I have Fridays off and she didn't have to work until 3pm or so the next day. She got pretty trashed and I felt so bad because it seemed to have been one of those drinking nights where the alcohol just creeps up on you and slams you on your feet.

A lot of unexpected things happened Thursday night. I'm meeting more and more people which helps with the isolated feeling I've had for so long. I work with a great gal named Rachel for just a bit on Mondays at my Shijo school and she told me that every Thursday they do karaoke in Juso. So, if anything, on Thursdays I can go into Juso where a lot of my friends live and have a good night singing. Or if you want to call it singing. My voice is gone by 2 songs. I don't get it. Then I'm left to screaming the rest of the night. guuhhh. There is a video of me on my iphone basically yelling Girls just wanna have fun and I didn't realize Rachel was saying Girls just wanna get fucked in replacement. Color me unawares...or just drunk. But, ouch. Nobody should ever here me screech like that. You can also see Britta sitting below me completely gone.

Now I'm just exhausted after a long and busy day as well and have to sit on a train for an hour to not really stay out for very long to get back on a train for another hour home. I'm not doing an all-nighter again. It's not physically possible. Since I won't be drinking, I also will get to watch everyone else get drunk slowly while sipping on my water. I'm used to that anyways at home, but now I'm pretty ok and comfortable with social drinking. It feels strange now to go out without at least having one drink. They also water that stuff down unless it's beer, which I don't drink.

Well, off to Kobe I go. It's gonna be fun times on the train. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment