Friday, February 18, 2011

I miss you Texas


I've been feeling a bit nostalgic or homesick for Texas the last week. I've been through a course of antibiotics for almost 3 weeks now. First, when I got the stomach flu. Then I had to do a second round of antibiotics for BV, and then a round of antibiotics for a UTI, bladder, and kidney infection. It seems with antibiotics, you start one and then it immediately causes your body to become out of balance somewhere else. It's been extremely frustrating.
I went to a proper gynecologist today in Osaka and I still didn't feel taken care of like I do at home, but it was better than Mr. "I'm pushing on your pelvis..."ok, that's a bladder infection" man.  It's never ending illnesses here. I know it's because I'm in a foreign country which introduces new strains of bacteria, but dammit, I just want to be healthy and not have to worry about one thing after the other for a while.

I've been listening to WASP and The Cult for a while tonight. I dunno what's stroking my 80's metal bone again, but then again, I'm always turned on to 80's rock. I wish I could meet someone here who is as much a nerd for 80's rock as I am. Anyone who can giggle about me wanting to be Blackie Lawless for Halloween one year or someone who can appreciate that when I get out of the shower, my hair looks like a giant 80's hair sprayed monstrosity. I want to meet a girl who finds Zakk Wylde's and Slash's guitar stances the sexiest. I doubt I'll ever meet someone like that except my mom.

So, goes my existence. I have these strange fixations or love of things that seem to be rare in people. Or at least definitely here in Japan. Everyone has their fascination and love. I respect that and I like learning about new things from new people and learning about their obsessions. But, sometimes it's nice to have one person who has one shared obsession. Britta and I have art and then certain bands for sure. But, she is going to be busy with her cousin for the next 3 weeks and then 2 weeks later, she leaves to go back home. I'm not looking forward to it because she's sorta my wanderer buddy and someone I've grown extremely close to in only a matter of months. I can talk with her about almost anything. I'm getting caught up on who's leaving too much.

Sciby leaves in less than 20 days. That'll be another shock even though lately we haven't seen much of each other. A lot of changes are coming and I'm gearing myself up for the sudden change. A lot of people I've just recently met and finally gotten to become somewhat more than an acquaintance with are leaving in April. It's going to bring in quite a new crowd of recruits and suddenly only after 9 months, I'm gonna be pushing towards the veteran side of this job. It's amazing what the high turnover does and makes you feel like within such a small time period.
Let's hope for some good people in those groups. I'd like to meet more Brittas and more Scibys. But, I doubt it.

I'm also ready for spring. So, ready.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, that. I spent today watching Youtube videos of the fried food at the Texas State Fair and then talking about The Cult with a friend (who happens to be from San Antonio) on the train.

    It's all a weird whirlwind this time of year - you'd think we would be all sad and wanting time to slow down, but I'm stricken with crippling homesickness as well and I feel really impatient about heading back.

    ReplyDelete