Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February fitness update

I'm still going at the crunches every other night. I've increased the reps to 25-30 each for each segment and so I don't use Mr. 8 minute abs anymore. So, I can listen to my music or watch a movie while doing them. This is the longest I've stuck with a workout regiment and I've started my legs not too long ago. But, I've been doing those on and off for a while now. I want to make it a regular exercise like I do my crunches. Japan makes it easy to get a bit of cardio since most of the ways I get around are on foot. I also ride my bike and I have to admit I like to dance in my apartment to music.
So, I've been doing more than I ever have when I was at home in Austin. Once weather gets a bit warmer, I plan to start up my running again. I have no excuses really to not start that now, but I just feel like I should wait until it gets a bit better outside before going at that again.
I hope I can keep this up.
I'm currently at 48kg which is about 108lbs. If I can just maintain that weight, I'll be happy. I don't want to get thinner and I don't want to gain any weight. I'm happy where I'm at now with my weight and hopefully the muscle I'm building is helping my metabolism. My string bean arms are being working on. But, they look pathetic. I still am going to include a pic of how tiny my muscles are, but I'm trying!
So, this is my stomach not too long after crunches. What makes me happy though, is that they tend to stay this way mostly now. My pudge is finally going down enough for me to notice that it's much smaller than it used to be.
 This picture is a bit awkward, but it's me showing the definition in my lower stomach. Especially on the sides. I look like have no boobs in this pose. I swear it's an optical illusion.
 String bean arms! But, I'm trying to make them more defined and toned. The only big thing I'm against is getting Madonna arms though. I'll be avoiding that like the plague.

I had a regular student tell me today that I looked too thin. I dunno really what to say to that except that I've been sick for quite a while now. One thing after the other has occurred lately, but I'm hopefully on the mend now. So, maybe any of that water weight or some fat will come back to my face and what not. I dunno. I think I look ok, but maybe I have a distorted image of what I look like. I'm aiming for toned. I don't want to be sickly looking. If that's the case, someone please comment.  I often wonder if I have a very skewed perspective of my body.

Either way, I'll continue increasing my crunches and adding some weights on my legs to intensify that as well. I want my stomach to be BAM! for beach weather. I'm tired of always dreading bathing suit season.

Here's just a regular picture of me on Valentine's day:

1 comment:

  1. you're looking smashing dahling! WOW, hello fitness model?!?!!! BTW, i dropped 30 pounds when i got the sickies in 2008...and would hate it when ppl would tell me how thin i looked. None of their fuckin biz, ya know.. care and concern are nice though <3 love you doll, keep up the great work, it helps the mind stay healthy! xo

    ReplyDelete