Monday, July 5, 2010

308/365 Say hello to my li'l friend


I had my shelves, long mirror, and some household items delivered this morning. It made things in here much nicer and more organized. It feels good to be organized and have everything have it's own place. I still figured out I need to get more hangers and a stronger extra bar for the wardrobe. The thinner one I got simply isn't strong enough to hold my pants and what not. I just don't want to go into the Jusco again because I've been there almost every day since I've arrived. 

After that, I went and left and went to get the forms that allow me to apply for a bank account and phone. That was the easiest part of today sadly. I went by the Softbank again and was told AGAIN that the iphone was sold out. I need to figure out what phone to get and how in the world to get a contract with that stupid place. I can't decide on a phone by just looking at the pretty little models they have sitting there. I need specs.

So, fail at phone attempt #2. So, I decided to go ahead and walk to the Higashi-Honganji temple after that and on the way stopped at a starbucks. It was nice to taste my Chai tea again. Ordering there is really easy and you can basically point at a drink on the menu if you are desperate. So, I went to the temple and took some shots, but the highlight for me were the pigeons. You can just stick out your arm and they will fly straight onto your hand expecting you to have food. They fall for it every time. I have multiple pictures with the little guys. 
The temple itself is stunning. They are currently restoring it, but it was gorgeous. I was ready to explore the grounds a bit more when I realized I didn't have my papers. So, cursing myself I dashed out of there back to the Starbucks hoping I left them there and thank god, I did. 

All that tired me out. Sad, really. But, I got my awesome shot in with the pigeon and that's made me pretty happy. I still have a lot of time today to do whatever and I think I'll spend it watching a movie and cracking open my Japanese book. It's pathetic how bad my japanese has gotten. 



No comments:

Post a Comment