Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life, it happens...

So, my 365 is on a short break right now. I'll catch it up, but currently with training and the rain, it doesn't make for good photo ops and simply, I haven't had any time.
My life  the past 7 days has basically been get on a train, training, get on a train, sleep. Wash, rinse, repeat.
The next 7 days will basically be the same. I may have some time this Sunday and Monday to take a few, but it won't be up to date. I am going to finish this project out, but it's taken a huge step back in my priority list at this time. I know it's now not really a true 365 any more because the pictures are not ones specifically taken on that day, but it's been close enough. 300+ have been and with my current location and priorities, I'd say it was a good run for those. The last 50 or so will basically be catch up and a lot of just situational photos.
Nobody really cares anyways, honestly. But, since I set a personal goal and almost see the light at the end of the tunnel for it, I plan to finish it out. Come September 1st, my 365 project will be complete and I will start taking photos more for documenting my life at this time and for fun.

Otherwise, things here have been up and down. Of course I expected that much. Some days are better than others, but I think once the rain stops and training ends, things will start to flow more smoothly and I will be able to explore my city more. I will also hopefully be able to meet other teachers in the Kyoto area since all of my training group members are in either Osaka or Kobe. I really like my training group, so I definitely would like to keep in contact if they are willing, but I need people to talk to who aren't a 1500¥ride away.
I'd also like to get back on track with my Japanese. It's terrible. I lost so much of it over the last two years. Immersion is the best way to learn a language, but I still feel pretty much like a fish out of water. Then again, as a foreigner in Japan, I will never exactly be much more than a foreigner to the general population. But, at least I hope I could speak to them without broken Japanese.
I need some time to break out the books and study. Or find some classes that are offered around here. Japanese with my students is strictly forbidden. Which I completely understand. Just like I said, immersion is the best way to learn a language.

Anywho, the hardest things so far are missing my loved ones at home. My puppy included. She seems to be doing just fine without me, but if she hears my voice on the computer through skype, I see her ears perk up and look around for me. It breaks the heart a bit. I dunno why I love that little furry creature so much, but I do. Adjustment to not having someone with me all the time has been difficult. I mean, the last 26 years, I've lived with my family and with my boyfriend. This is the first time I have my own place. It's so strange that it ends up being in another country. I now know what it feels like to live on your own. Almost. It's only been 2 weeks. But, still. I'm sure things will hit really hard soon enough.

Well, time for bed. My limited time I get to spend on the computer has now mostly been eaten up by me writing this ridiculously long post.
Kids training session tomorrow! I'm not that down about the next 2 days though because the trainer is super nice and hilarious. It makes such a difference.

Oyasumi.

1 comment:

  1. The first month sucks for Japanese but you'll get to where you were and then some soon!

    ReplyDelete