Sunday, January 3, 2010

Top Albums of the 00' decade

So, I'm going to be honest and say that this list is going to be very limited and dominated by Muse. I dunno what it is about me, but music is a hard area for me to open up to, if those are the right words to explain what I mean. It's usually songs I latch on to, not albums. When I find a band I love, I run it into the ground. I know I do that, but I can't help it. I guess I don't have anyone exposing me to music I really would enjoy that isn't crap played on the radio. I'm really picky though, so I don't know. I'm stuck in the general decades of the 80's and 60's. I'm just not being exposed to the right things I guess. So hear they are in no particular order.  


Muse - Origin of Symmetry 2001 Bliss 
White Stripes - White Blood Cells 2001 We're going to be friends 
Kylie Minogue - Fever 2002 (yes, Kylie. I love Kylie and let's leave it at that) In Your Eyes 
Muse - Hullabaloo (technically many B-sides and live recordings) 2002 The Gallery 
Goldfrapp - Black Cherry 2003 Ooh La La 
Muse - Absolution 2003 Hysteria 
Arcade Fire - Funeral 2004 Wake Up 
Muse- Black Holes and Revelations 2006 Knights of Cydonia 
Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold 2006 What's a Girl to do? 
Joanna Newsom - Ys 2006 Emily Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment