Friday, March 12, 2010

193/365 Tonari no Totoro


I love Studio Ghibli films. My personal favorite is either Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.
But, I had to try and do one with Totoro since he is the iconic symbol of the company.
It really came out akwardly. I'm too fuzzy due to lack of lighting outside. 
But still, the thought of meeting a real life totoro would send me into a screaming happy fit. 
What I wouldn't give to ride the cat bus or call Totoro my friend. 

I did try to do something for The Fall. I even went and bought the spanish style hat and a mask. Unfortunately, those came out horrrrrrrrible. I couldn't do anything with them. I just look like a girl in a weird hat and mask. I am going to have to really think hard on how to represent that film. It's visual eye candy. So, I guess I need to sleep on it. 

I might step away from the film series now and then and come back to it. I have a lot of movies that would be hard to represent. Like Neverending Story or Willow. I might try to be the princess that needs a name in Neverending story, but I really just need to think it over. 

I think Explore is like lightning. If it hits, it'll probably hit once if ever. I'm not a consistent person when it comes to putting out high quality photos. Mine are just what they are. This Totoro is so different from my Perfume shot. Some people can just pump them out. Usually those people are legit photographers and/or just retardedly talented. I've come to the conclusion that I'm in the middle. I'm not bad per say, but I'm not fantastic. I think mine has to do with luck. Seems to be the only luck I may have every once in a while. The stars align just right and I can take a good picture. Then you have my totoro picture which was just stupid fun to make, but in no way a photographic masterpiece. ha! 

God, it's 5am. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment