Saturday, March 20, 2010

200/365 Another day devoted to Musing

This was taken when we went to see Thurston Moore earlier on in the day. I didn't plan to do any SXSW stuff, but somehow it happened.

This is late. I know. Today has been nutso. I had the plan of seeing Muse tonight at Stubb's, but I was to be  on the grassy knoll across the venue. Only badges were allowed in and so I had to opt for the uber-fan-listening-from-outside-the-venue spot. Well, that was all good. But, before the show, I waited outside the side entrance with a gaggle of other retarded girls. And here came Dom (drummer) sauntering down the walkway. He didn't stop to say hi, just a simple wave. Whatever. Then Matt (singer) came out as well.
He was the sweetest. He stopped going down the runway and turned around and told his bodyguard to come to us. So, as kind as he was to stop and take some photos and sign some girls stuff, I was pushed and pulled to the point that getting a picture with him was cut off. He was literally a foot away from me and then he said "Okay, no more. Thanks." So, I didn't get anything signed or get a picture with him. All I got was a picture OF him. Oh well. That's as close as I'm going to be ever to that guy in my life. Better that than nothing!

The thing that made my night was at the end of the show, Chris (bassist) came out the side entrance to leave. He kindly came up and also did what Matt had done. I was again pushed and pulled by a million people, but I put my hand out and he looked me straight in the eye, smiled, and shook it. Yeah. 
That made my night. He was kind enough to give me an actual smile and a shake of the hand. It may sound stupid to others, but being as huge as they are, the fact Matt and Chris took the time out to greet some of their fans meant a lot. Dom on the other hand I've had the feeling for quite some time that he may be the one that has the big rock star ego. I dunno. I can be completely wrong. I should stop contemplating this over people I don't know. I guess it just leaves an impression when 2 of the band members go out of their way to greet and be sweet to their fans. 

I really love Muse. Another night devoted to my favorite band and I'm happy I did. I got to see all three up close and personal and even say hello and shake their hands. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment