Monday, March 15, 2010

197/365 The Fall


This is very much an abstraction of one of my favorite films, Tarsem's The Fall. He ties together so many elements that just create this immaculate landscape of beauty. He creates images like i've never seen before. The film isn't scared to use color. It's not afraid to use objects and abstraction of forms to represent it's ideas and how to tell the story. It crosses the real world with a dream-like world that has an amazing landscape. 
The characters are fantastic. The little girl in the film, I personally believe, is not acting. She truly seems to be the little girl that is her character. (I don't know if that makes sense) But, basically this film takes so many things that I love and pulls it together with a heart wrenching story. Tarsem is not afraid of art. Or abstraction of art in this film. It's simply a gorgeous feast for the eyes. So, my picture is just a 
representation or take on the film. I did include the butterfly and flower to create a face similar to the one in the poster. In my own way.
I've also noticed a common theme with me and my favorite movies. They have amazing scores/soundtracks. I fall in love not only with the storytelling, visuals, and characters, but I also fall in love with the music. Perfume and Willow are by far my favorite film soundtracks. But, all my favorite films have these emotional or just simply addictive soundtracks. The Fall has an incredible score as well.
I love this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment