Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finally breakin' through

After going after some (just some!!) definition to my stomach, it finally happened tonight when I looked in the mirror after my session of crunches. It's mostly from just finishing the exercising and in about 30 minutes will be as doughy as ever, but it felt good to see something just for a bit. Yes, I'm dumb and took a picture, but I'm proud after doing these exercises for so freaking long. I'm starting to see faintly the long line that runs down the middle of the torso and small faint lines defining the abdominals.
I want to start up my jogging again, but the weather is so cold by the time I get home that it seems I'm psyching myself out. I've never ran in cold weather before, so I guess it's a trial and error type of thing I'll have to do. I want to keep fit and let my body run out all the bad energy. I wish they had an affordable gym here in Kyoto. Or even just a small one like we do in Texas. But, no. It's either you pay at least 10000 yen a month or take it to the streets.
Also, just because Japanese women have these fantastic lean bodies doesn't mean they eat well. Japan is filled with refined sugar, the sodium in everything is sky high, and everything is processed. It's so strange that a country you think eats really healthy and gave us tofu would be a bit more health conscience of their food. If it's not fried, it's slathered in mayo. To eat here, you really have to go the extra mile to buy your own food from the supermarkets and pay a bit extra for that oatmeal.
Buying fresh veggies is great, but you are limited to in season veggies. Fruit is so expensive that you start to long for something that at home you'd pass up for something else.

I think Japanese women are some kind of mutant super humanoids who can process the worst kind of food and it does nothing to their tiny frames. It can really tick you off sometimes when you have your small cup of plain vanilla non-fat yogurt in front of you while the girl across the way has gotten a massive bowl of all the different flavors with m&m's, oreos, and chocolate sauce all over it. How? Just how? Another mystery to the land I'm living in.

4 comments:

  1. AMEN AMEN AMEN. except my abs are buried under like 40% body fat. you look jacked as heck! i'm presently on a 100 pushups a day campaign to gear up for my backless New Years Eve dress. and word on the gyms and salt and fruit. there are like 2 things at convenience stores that i can eat without feeling guiltypants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no kidding! I thought we were supposed to be in a land of healthy food, but you can only find it where you can find a bunch of monks.
    My next goal: A Kylie Minogue ass. That might be bit of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it adultfrontier

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. adultfrontier

    ReplyDelete