Monday, January 17, 2011

Perseverance pays off

    This entry may come completely off as narcissistic, but I've been going at it with exercises for the last six months. I'm proud at how far I've come because I have never stuck to a regiment this long before.  Whoever said that you can get "firm, toned abs in just 6 weeks!" is a load of crap. Every other day, I do my exercises and eat as healthy as I can. It may not be much to anyone else, but for me it's something I've striven for a long time. I've always wanted a toned stomach. I've always had my baby pooch and no matter what I did, it never quite left me. It's just a part of me.
    But, within the last week or so, I'm seeing it shrink. It's not entirely gone, but it feels good to know that I'm doing the right thing and I can't thank one of my oldest friends Danielle for guiding me through enough. She's a personal trainer and just because she's a sweetheart, she's given me tips on exercises and approaches to getting the body you want.
Japan has also helped with my sweet tooth. I thought this country was filled with nothing but sweets and processed food. (At least if you don't intend to cook at home) Everywhere you turn is some sort of sweet bread or some sort of junk food. But, when I came home over Christmas, I took one bite of my grandma's beloved chocolate peanut butter balls and I nearly had to spit it out because all I could taste was powdered sugar. What normally is a tradition I look forward to on the holidays made me sick to my stomach.
Well, I dunno if these pics show any difference since I first posted my progress a month or more ago, but I can feel it. I guess that's all that matters.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! It's been slow progress, but I'm getting where I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, shouldn't you be on the cover of a fitness magazine?

    One day I'll be slim and jacked like you - if I can stop binge eating chocolate at work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never called myself fat! I just don't look as ripped as you with my clothes off.

    Also who you calling tiny?! I'm 125 pounds of FURY and MAYHEM. And I'm taller than you :P

    ReplyDelete