Thursday, January 6, 2011

where has it gone?

Where the hell has all my inspiration gone? Or ability to finish a project when I start it. I want to start creating art again because I feel I've been neglecting it for quite some time. My grandma's portrait is still waiting to be finished and my River Phoenix portrait has yet to be done. It's been what? 2 years since I started that thing?
I can knock portraits out fairly quickly when I'm focused, so I really need to start just pushing myself. I need to finish that portrait of my G-ma and then maybe start moving on to using some subtle color with other portraits and then start going into more abstract or detailed color portraits. I want my imagination to start running rampant. I need inspiration and distraction. Maybe I need to surround myself with other artists...digital or physical.
I'm feeling empty by being so dormant in making art. It used to be a passion, but now it's gone by the wayside.

If anything, I might just take some art classes at UT in the fall just because I need it. I need some fuel to get this fire burning again. Yeah, it costs money. But, the pay off to me is worth it. Since Grad school has come to a grinding halt because the grad school counselor basically said my GPA would be scoffed at, it doesn't look very good in my prospects of going back to school in the preservation dept. of the information of science school. Oh well. I was the one who screwed myself over there. That's what I get for not giving a shit the last 2 years of college. Better know now than to waste money attempting for the program and not getting in. That would waste a lot of time and a lot of money.

Time to get back to what I know best. Pencil and paper. Charcoal and acrylics. Prisma colors and digital manipulation. Maybe I should do a 365 of art. It could be just scribbles or simple sketches and projects that would take a couple of days, but every day I should try and churn out something. I think I might try doing that. I'll probably slack off as per usual, but at least I'd be trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment