Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random thoughts

Thanks to 5 semesters of Japanese, I randomly remember words in the midst of a conversation when I need them the least. When I actually need to remember something, I start miming everything. Sigh.
Todays random words: washoku and youshoku. Basically it's Japanese cuisine and western cuisine. This pops in my head when I'm talking to a staff member about the weather for the coming weekend. Language is really weird sometimes.

It's even better when you start mixing languages. Somehow I'll throw out Spanish randomly here. Or I noticed when I was home for the holidays, if I bumped into someone or wanted to say excuse me, I'd say sumimasen. My brain can't seem to decide which language I'm supposed to be speaking.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment